Situation: You want to set up a kiosk or display in the office or public area for your group that always displays the schedules for the current date
- First create a guest user in ScheduleMaster. Perhaps name it 'Lobby Display'. This process is the same as creating any other user except that the authorizations for 'Guest user' and maybe 'Limit user info on schedules' should be checked. These authorizations are found on the Misc tab of the User Authorization page.
- Login in from the console that will run this kiosk display, setting the 'Remember me' check box so that autologin is enabled.
- Set the display page as you like (1 day calendar, etc) and set the refresh to an appropriate interval (5 minutes is best) then follow this sequence:
- Change the year to ---- (no selected year)
- Click ‘set this as your default display
- If you get a date resolution error, just set the start time correctly and refresh the page.
(If you refresh the page before step 2 start over at step 1)
To confirm proper operation, try changing the start date and click the refresh button. It should display the current date, ignoring your input. Note that login messages are suppressed in this mode.