The following data needs to be set up. Some of this may have been set in the automated setup. And, some may need to be set directly in the tables by Time Sync.
A. User Data
The following billing related user fields can be set on the user billing tab for each user. We can run an automated query to set these fields if they are based on any other field already stored in the database.
- dues amount
- credit limit
- price level (if applicable)
- request for paper statement
You will also need to enter beginning balances for each user through the Invoice/Credit Memo screen. For more assistance on entering the opening balances, see the following article: http://support.timesync.com/entries/106990833-How-do-I-enter-opening-balances-
B. Aircraft rental setup
This includes details on setting up parameters for resources such as aircrafts.
1. Enter aircraft rental rates and owner income/pay rates (if applicable). If you have more than one price level, contact Time Sync to add the additional price levels before entering the rates. Be sure to enter a rate for each aircraft and each price level. Also, be sure the effective date of the first date is on or before the first schedule you intend to bill. The standard rate may already be input if you had rate information in the system.
2. Enter billing information for each aircraft in the aircraft edit screen under Billing Information. This includes billing start date, meter type (hobbs vs tach), meter start time, aircraft vendor (if using owner statements). The meter type will default to hobbs.
3. If using owner statements, you can add new vendors from this screen by selecting --Add vendor-- from the aircraft vendor control. We recommend a separate vendor for each aircraft.
C. Account and Item to set up
Most accounts and items are setup up for you during our automated setup process. Other accounts and items can be added from the screen located at Billing Admin >> Data Maint as you go.
If you charge sales tax, be sure to set up a Sales Tax Payable account and a Sales Tax Item. Also, be sure to designate which items are taxable.
D. Payment method setup
The payment method information defines the very essence of Online Billing functionality of Schedule Master since it provides the setup details of payment channels that can accept and process user transactions, and how it is accepted by the system.
1. Define the types of payments that will be accepted (e.g. Credit card, eCheck, Check, Cash, On Account) and which of these methods can be entered
by members and which can be entered by management. Typically members are only allowed to charge to their credit card or initiate an eCheck
transaction. Check or cash are entered by management, since the manual receipt of these need to be verified. Designate which account from the
chart of accounts is associated with each payment type (in case credit cards have a separate account).
2. If planning to accept credit card or eCheck payments online, contact Time Sync for these steps. Also, notify Time Sync of which credit cards will be
E. Flight dispatch configuration options
Your preflight and postflight screens can be customized as follows. Notify us of your preferred configuration.
1. A credit area for member entry of fuel receipts, oil receipts, and maintenance credits can be included on the postflight screen. All or none of these can be included. Let us know if you want to change which ones of these are showing.
2. A credit for member entry of gift certificates or coupons can be included on the postflight screen.
3. Maintenance meter input fields can be show or hidden on the postflight screen.
4. A custom instructional statement can be entered that will show on the preflight screen.
5. A custom statement can be entered related to your expense reimbursement policy. This will show on the postflight screen.
F. Module and Configuration Options
There are various configuration options available under the following menu item: Admin >> System Admin >> Group Options. Other options (many of which are listed below) can be set directly in the database.
G. Configure Rules and Reminders
These are optional items that can effectively provide additional flexibility in handling billing transactions and managing user accounts based on pre-defined criteria.
- Various customer balance triggers: You can remind or suspend (from scheduling) a customer for their balance. This can be triggered by a balance greater than 0 or greater than their credit limit. The reminder can be set thru all or one of the following methods: (a) a banner on the schedule page, (b) a popup upon login, (c) a redirect to the payment page.
- Various credit card triggers: If you accept credit cards, you can set various triggers related to this. Customers can be reminded or suspended when their credit card is missing or invalid. The reminder can be made through the popup at login or a redirect to the credit card entry screen.
- Postflight reminder/suspension: If users are entering their own rental time, they will be redirected to the postflight page after a schedule is over. However, an organization also has the option to suspend users from scheduling if they have not completed their postfligh within N hours.
H. Instruction Setup
If your organization bills instructors for instruction time, you will need to set up items for each type of instruction that bills at a different rate. You will also need to specify instructor pay rates for each instructor and instruction item.
If you need help in coming up with the correct information based on your requirements, or if you have questions regarding the required information, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or open a ticket here at Zendesk and we will respond to you within one business day.
The Time Sync Support Team