Preflight status is now visible on the schedule page to dispatchers. As seen in the image below, after the preflight is reviewed and saved, there will be a thin outline around the schedule. The 11:30am-1 schedule for Bond/DTIMM below shows the outline. The legend for the colors has also been updated to indicate the pattern for 'Preflight done'. In the past the preflight functionality was only available to Online Billing customers. However, this functionality is now being extended to other organizations. See below for more information on preflight functionality.
The image below shows an example of the preflight screen. The screen is configurable based on which modules you are using. The section visibility is as follows:
- Meter worksheet and meter readings - only visible if using Online Billing
- Pilot status - visible to all organizations
- Aircraft status/Squawks - visible if using Squawk module
- Aircraft status/Scheduled Maintenance - visible if using Schedule Maintenance module
- Instructor Status - visible if scheduling instructors through our system and enforcing instructor dates
The preflight function can be a very helpful tool in both ensuring that your pilots are aware of their status and the status of the aircraft before making their flight. Even if the system enforced various rules when the schedule was made, as you know, the status may have changed in the meantime. This is helpful for safety as well as for protecting an organization from liability. The new preflight indicator on the schedule can also help a dispatcher to be aware of which flights are likely to occur if pilots are encouraged to use the preflight. If your organization would like the preflight feature turned on, please contact us. (This feature may not be in your menu.)