This rule will require the pilot to have certain certificates and endorsements to fly various aircraft, depending on the class and configuration of the aircraft. The rules are:
- If an aircraft is marked as Complex, Tailwheel, or High Altitude, the pilot must have the corresponding endorsement.
- If an aircraft is over 200 HP, the pilot must have a High Performance endorsement.
- If an aircraft has the string MEL anywhere in the class (e.g. MEL-FG, AMEL...), the pilot must have an Airplane multi-engine land certificate.
- If an aircraft has the string SES anywhere in the class, the pilot must have an Airplane single-engine sea certificate.
- If an aircraft has the string MES anywhere in the class, the pilot must have an Airplane multi-engine sea certificate.
- Any of the above rules will be ignored if configured for a lesson override and scheduling with an instructor.
- Any of the above rules can be overridden after confirming the warnings if in dispatcher mode, which is only available to authorized users.
The pilot certificate and endorsement information is entered into the Pilot/Personal page in the Certificate Details section as seen in the image below (outlined in red).
The relevant resource information is entered into the resource information page as seen in the image below (outlined in red).
This rule can be turned on in the Group Options page. The rule is called 'Enforce pilot qualifications'. To allow a lesson override (i.e. allowing pilots that do not meet various criteria to schedule an aircraft with an instructor) for this rule, be sure to also check 'Override various rules when scheduling lesson'.
The following article has more about the lesson override: