Notifications can be sent by email, fax or text. Some of these notifications only require that you enter your notification method into your profile. Others require that you request the notification.
To setup notifications, first be sure your email, fax or phone is entered correctly into your profile. Currently you need to use the email field for text notification along with the appropriate address. Checking the box next to the mobile pic will give you a slightly shorter version of the message. In the near future we will be using the cell phone field for texting.
Several notification types are dependent on your user preferences as seen in the image below. These preferences will usually default to Email1 only for new users. However, the default can be changed by the organization.
- Schedule change - These include changes to your schedule by someone other than you (e.g. cancellation by a supervisor) or automated changes (e.g. changes to a standby schedule).
- Group email - These include emails sent to all users or those sent to groups of users.
- Date reminders - These include emails to remind users of expiring dates (e.g. medical). Your club may or may not have date reminders turned on.
- Billing - These include statement reminders or transaction emails. These reminders will depend on how your club is configured and whether or not they are using Online Billing.
Various notifications are only sent if requested by the user. Go to Schedule >>My Sched Notif to see these notifications (pictured below).
- Schedule Alert - This notification is for a specific resource and time slot that you are interested in. This is generally best to set from the schedule screen by right-clicking a particular schedule and choosing 'Notify'. If that schedule is cancelled and thus the time becomes available, you will be notified.
- Reminders - This will send you a list of your schedule the specified number of days before the first schedule. Management also has access to set this up for their users.
- Recurring Notification Server Events - This will send you a notification every time your selected resource or resource group is scheduled and/or cancelled.
- Daily Resource Schedule - This will send you a list of future schedules for the resource specified on a daily basis. This notification is helpful for owners or instructors.
If your club is using Squawks and/or Scheduled Maintenance, there are additional notifications that you can request from the maintenance notification screen. Go to Resource Info >> Maintenance >> Maintenance Notifications to get to the screen below.
If you are an instructor, you can receive notifications whenever your lessons are added, changed or cancelled by someone other than you. In order to set this up, be sure your user ID is associated with your instructor resource and that instructor notifications are checked (as seen below). Also be sure your email is entered in your user profile.
Please sign in to leave a comment.