Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to enter your billing meter times as well as receipts (if accepted by your organization).
Once your scheduled flight has concluded, you need to complete the Postlfight dispatch to prepare for billing purposes. Please follow the steps below in order to create a post-flight dispatch.
1. From the menu select "My Account" >> "My Postflight" .
2. Click the link for 'Enter postflight' for any schedule in the OUTSTANDING POSTFLIGHTS list.
3. Complete the POSTFLIGHT form (see image below) and click the “Calculate” button to see the . Your postflight dispatch form may look a little different depending on how your organization is configured. For example, if your organization does not use Scheduled Maintenance, you may only have one meter start and end to enter. And, the fields in the lower box are configurable, so the postflight for your organization may not display these fields.
4. After clicking calculate, you will see a list of proposed transactions. This will include rent. Depending on how your organization is configured, there might also be a minimum charge, fuel surcharge or sales tax. If there is anything unusual about the meter entries, you may see some warnings as seen in the image below due to a misplaced decimal.
If you made a mistake, correct the mistake and hit the 'Calculate' button again. This will update the transactions and potentially remove the warning if resolved. (Below image has corrected entry and no warnings.) If there is no mistake, the entry can be saved As Is. Press 'Save & Continue' where you will be able to enter fuel credits or a payment if your organization allows.
5. The screen below shows the transactions related to your flight that have been saved thus far. If you need to go back and edit your postflight, you are still able to do that by clicking the 'Edit Postflight' link. If you need to add a receipt or make a payment, select the appropriate link.
6. The screen below shows the screen for adding receipts. Most clubs are configured to upload a receipt image. Do this before selecting 'Add Credit'. You can use the link 'Add Receipt/Credit' multiple times if you have multiple receipts to add.
8. If your club has online payments, you will see a link for making a payment. The example below shows a Visa payment being made.
9. After adding a receipt and/or payment, you will return to the previous screen with the rental transaction. Each time the list of transactions associated with the flight will be updated. These transactions are also all part of your running statement. Once you are done adding transactions, you can click the 'Done/Enter Squawk' button if you need to enter a squawk or just 'Done' if you don't.
10. After returning to the postflight list, you will see the postflight in the list of 'RECENTLY COMPLETED POSTFLIGHTS'. If your organization is configured to allow users to add receipts, delete your receipts, or delete and re-enter your time entry, you may see links associated with the postflight as seen in the image below.
What if I did not fly as scheduled?
If you did not fly as scheduled, it is considered a NO FLIGHT. In that case you still need to complete the Postflight dispatch form by checking the NO FLIGHT checkbox and stating the reason. Then click the 'Calculate' button when done. Some organizations have a minimum charge for flights that are not cancelled before the start of the flight. If this is the case, you may still be taken through the payment dialog.
What if my flight was for maintenance?
If you flew the plane for maintenance purposes and were authorized to charge the flight to maintenance, you should still fill out the postflight form and check the maintenance checkbox. There are no charges for maintenance flights.
Continue by clicking the red “Finish” button