Click on the link above the schedule (calendar view only) labeled 'Use new scheduling forms' to try the new scheduling windows. They are very similar to the original version of the forms with a few enhancements...
- If scheduling an instructor with your aircraft (or boat), you can offset the time of the instructor as needed.
- If you are a dispatcher, you can set the schedule to be rule exempt, which means that the schedule would not be included in the various schedule limits.
- When a dispatcher is scheduling for another user, the system now has the option to do the following: It will check the user's status, notify you of any issues (e.g. expired dates, over credit limit), and ask for confirmation to continue with scheduling. This option can be turned on in the Scheduling section of the Group Options page (Admin >> System Admin >> Group Options).
- Organizations can set a self-certification statement, that would require a user to select yes when scheduling.
- The new screen for making maintenance schedules has the option to create squawks instead of messages for those organizations using the Squawk module.
- Sysops can select which maintenance user they would like to use in the new screen for scheduling maintenance.
-- NEW UPDATES AS OF 4/26/12 --
- Maintenance users will now default to the maintenance scheduling window when clicking on the calendar.
- The normal scheduling window will hide the instructor line unless using the lesson view or clicking on an instructor from the schedule. There is a toggle button for unhiding it.
- When scheduling an instructor with an aircraft, the instructor time will change when the aircraft (or other primary resource) date and time is changed. However, the instructor date/time can be set independently.
- When making repeating schedules, you will be limited to a maximum of 52 schedules each time. This will help to avoid timeouts for those making repeating schedules for the entire year.
-- NEW UPDATES AS OF 5/3/2012
- The schedule edit window will now prompt for a reason when cancelling a schedule within 12 hours of the schedule start time but only if the user cancelling is the same as the scheduled user. The number of hours is configurable. If a club does not want to be prompted for the cancel reason, we can set this number to 0. Please contact Time Sync if you desire a change. The cancel reason can be seen on the schedule spreadsheet, which can be retrieved from the list view.
- The maintenance scheduling window will now default to no message.
Please try out the new scheduling windows. If all goes well, these new windows will be made permanent.
-- NEW UPDATES AS OF 6/7/2012
- Most users cannot schedule multiple resources in the same category for the same timeframe. Now, dispatchers (in dispatcher mode) will have the option to ignore these types of conflicts with a checkbox.
- If you are part of an aircraft-type organization, you can designate a flight as VFR-only. This information will show in the hover.
- Descriptions of some of the scheduling options were moved to a hover for the associated field.