Completing this lesson will enable you to create an invoice or credit memo straight from Schedule Master.
There are several different methods for creating invoices and credit memos for users. The best method depends on what type of invoice or credit is being entered. The different types and screens include:
- General invoices and credit memos: This screen should only be used if the specialized screens below do not apply. Instructions for this screen are below.
- Rental invoices and the associated fuel receipts: These should be entered or adjusted only through the Postflight or Flight management screens. If these entries are made through the general Invoice/Credit Memo screen, the reports will be off.
- Dues invoices: Dues billing can be automated through the Dues Billing screen or through a scheduled job that runs on its own. It is OK to bill or credit dues charges through the general invoicing screen if special entries or adjustements need to be made.
- Miscellaneous Batch Assessments: Invoices can be made in a batch. This screen allows management to select an item (which has an associated description, amount, and income account) and add the invoice to the statements of all non-retired users.
- Finance Charges: This screen will invoice finance charges to all non-retired users that meet the balance criteria specified.
The steps below walk through the general invoicing/credit memo screen. The other types of invoicing (i.e. rent, dues, batch assessments, and finance charges) can be found in the next few articles.
1. Go to the user statement and click the “Add invoice / credit memo” link.
2. In the next screen, the Invoice/Credit Memo form will be displayed.
(A) Select if you want to create an invoice or a credit memo.
(B) Select the Item from the drop down list.
(C) Enter the quantity, rate, and account from the drop down list.
(D) Review all the items and enter the red “Save Invoice” button.