Completing this lesson will provide you with sufficient knowledge on how use the various Flight Management screens to review and manage flight transactions for each resource (e.g. aircraft).
There are 4 different screens for managing flight transactions, which include rental charges and fuel receipts (or other aircraft-related receipts). These include the following screens. Since many of same tasks can be accomplished from multiple screens, management can select the views they like best.
- Flight Transactions: This screen shows all schedules for a particular resource and timespan along with the associated meter entry and receipts. Meter entry issues, such as gaps, overlaps, and missing entries are highlighted. Various links for resolving the issues are available for quick resolution. Receipts and maintenance flights can be approved or rejected from this screen as an alternative to the Approvals Queue. More details shown below.
Flight Resolution Queue: This screen only shows the problems in the rental meter entries (i.e. gaps, overlaps, and missing entries). Various links for resolving the issues are available in this screen as well. Screen print shown below. Actions are the same as for the Flight Transactions screen.
Dispatch Queue: This screen shows outstanding preflights and postflights for all users. Management can preflight or postflight for other users. The postflight entry screens accessed by this queue are the same as those you might see when doing your own postflight. For screenshots and more details, see the following article: http://timesync.zendesk.com/entries/175374-lesson-3-reviewing-and-submitting-your-post-flight-dispatch-for-billing
- Approvals Queue: This screen shows receipt and maintenance flights that require approval. It also displays miscellaneous notifications. For more details on using this screen, go to http://support.timesync.com/entries/210326-lesson-7-using-the-approvals-queue-for-managing-receipts-and-maintenance-flights
This articles will walk through the various resolution links available on both the Flight Transaction screen and the Flight Resolution Queue.
1. To get to the Flight Transaction screen, select “Billing Admin” >> “Flight Mgmt” >> “Flight Trans” on the main menu. (Or, to get to the Flight Resolution Queue, select "Billing Admin">>"Flight Mgmt" >> "Flight Resol Q.")
2. After adjusting the date and resource and clicking refresh, you will see the screen below. The screen will display all schedules that meet the criteria along with the meter entries and receipts. Any issues in the flight time, such as the 'Gap' or 'Missing Entry' below will be highlighted with a red font. Links related to the possible actions are listed in the rightmost column.
Since most links are the same between the Flight Transaction screen and the Flight Resolution Queue, we will only walk through the links once for both screens. The screen prints are from the Flight Transaction screen.
4. If there is a gap in the meter reading, Schedule Master provides an option to charge the gap either to the current or previous flight. To charge the gap to the prior flight (Rohl), click on the appropriate link with the intended name (A). Then click “OK” in the dialog box to confirm action done(B).
5. If there was a mistake in the time entry, you can click “Delete Time Entry” (A) and click “OK” in the dialog box (B) to confirm. Note that the user will be credited back with the amount previously charged to him/her for this schedule. This will result in the schedule showing 'Missing Entry.' As a result, you will need to make a new correct meter entry as seen in the next step.
6. In case of missing meter entries, you can add a meter time entry by clicking the “Enter meter time” link. This will take you to the standard postflight dialog for entering meter time.
Note: If this entry is due to a correction to the time and the receipts were already entered, do not re-enter the receipts. Receipts are not removed when the meter entry is 'deleted'.
7. If the time does not belong to the current flight or the prior flight, you have 2 other options. You can select the link for 'Lost Hobbs' to put the time to a special user that generally has a $0/hr rate. Or, if you need to add a schedule for the missing time, click “Enter a schedule and meter.” (This is the option you would choose if a pilot flew without scheduling or if you need to create a schedule for maintenance time.)
8. This takes you to the same screen as the 'Postflight w/no schedule' link on the Preflight/Postflight Dispatch Queue. From here, you will enter the schedule info and then the meter time into the same screens as any postflight.
9. If you need to add receipts for a schedule that has already had the meter entered, click “Add receipt(s)" on the row of the corresponding schedule.
10. Complete the succeeding form that you want included in the receipt (A). Then click the red “Submit” button (B).
Note: The receipt entry form shown here as well as the one on the postflight form are configurable. If your organization does not reimburse pilots for receipts, these items will not be shown here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.