Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to view owner statements and add various transactions related to the owner, such as invoices, credit memos, receipts, and payments.
If your resources (e.g. aircraft or boats) are owned outside of your organization, you may want to create owner statements within Schedule Master. This option is configurable and can be turned off or on. Transactions that are not related to user charges and credits should be initiated from the links on the owner statement. Other transactions, such as rental income due to the owner and aircraft expenses owed by the owner, are handled in separate screens and should not be entered in the screens below. See the following articles for user-related owner transactions.
For the non-user-related transactions, just follow the steps below to perform these tasks.
1. From the Schedule Master default page, select “Billing Admin” >> “Owner Trx” >> “Statements” on the main menu.
2. Select the company/vendor you want to generate a statement for (A). Then select the start and end dates (B) and hit the blue “Refresh” button when done.
PRINTING A STATEMENT:
3. To print a hard copy of the statement. Click the “Print” hyperlink (A). A new window will pop up with a printable copy of the statement. The system will also automatically open the Print dialog box (B) to print the statement through your selected printer. Then click the “Print” button to start printing (C).
4. To receive payment from an owner, click “Receive Payment.”
5. Enter the amount received, the payment option (Cash/check), and reference # (A). Click the red “Submit” button to submit.
INITIATING PAYMENTS TO THE OWNER:
6. To submit payment to an owner, click “Pay Owner” link.
7. Enter the amount of payment, the payment option (Cash/check), and reference # (A). Click the red “Submit” button to proceed with payment (B).
8. Verify that the transaction has been successfully submitted to the system by checking the updated statement of the vendor concerned.
ADDING A BILL/CREDIT MEMO:
9. To create a Bill or Credit Memo, click “Add bill/Credit memo” link.
10. In the next screen, complete the next form that will be displayed:
(A) Select if you want to create an invoice or a credit memo.
(B) Select the Item from the drop down list.
(C) Enter the quantity, rate, and account from the drop down list.
(D) Review all the items and enter the red “Save Invoice” button.
11. To show more details for how each transaction was made, click “Show entry details.”