Though Schedule Master Online Billing does not require QuickBooks, many customer choose to download the summarized information in order to take advantage of various accounting and management features of an accounting software package. This interface will create journal entries based on summarized customer transactions, bank transactions, and owner transactions (if applicable). If you would like to run this download, the setup instructions are below.
Set up various interfaces in Schedule Master.
- If the QuickBooks download is not already turned on, go to Admin >> System Admin >> Group Options. In the Online Billing section, check the checkbox labeled 'Show QuickBooks download.
- First you should make sure all of your accounts in Schedule Master have been mapped to the accounts in Quickbooks. To do this, go to Billing Admin >> Data Maint >> Accounts. Each account must have a QB Interface listed. The name must exactly match. FYI - Your rental income will go to one account (i.e. will not be divided into sub-accounts by plane). I suggest using Quickbooks classes to facilitate reporting by aircraft.
- If you have not yet set up classes in Quickbooks, the following steps will walk you through. First check to see if 'classes' are turned on. In QB 2011, you can find 'Class List' under the List menu. If they are not turned on, you can go to Edit >> Preferences. From there, click on Accounting. Then click on the Company tab. If the checkbox for 'Use class tracking' is unchecked, you should check this. Then, you will find the Class List under the list menu. Once on the Class List, right-click on the screen and click 'New'. From the popup screen, you will just need to enter a name for the new class. It is not necessary to make it a subclass of another item. I suggest using the N-Number for the name. Be sure to add a class for each aircraft.
- To set up classes in Schedule Master, go to Resource >> Aircraft (or Boats) and click on one of the aircraft. Near the bottom of the edit page for the aircraft, you will see a section for Quickbooks Interface information. In that section, you should enter the field labeled QB Class Name. Be sure to use the exact same name as those in Quickbooks.
If you are using the desktop version of QuickBooks, continue with the following instructions. Otherwise, skip to the QuickBooks Online section below.
- You will need to add a customer to Quickbooks named "Schedule Master Users". This is the customer that the interface uses for the AR record. If you are using owner statements within Schedule Master, you will also need to create a vendor named "Schedule Master Owners", which is used for the AP records.
- Go to http://marketplace.intuit.com/webconnector/ to install the Quickbooks Web Connector.
- Open Quickbooks as well as the company file that you will be downloading to.
- We will email you a customized QWC file that you will run to subscribe to our service. Double-click on the file to run it.
- First you will see a popup (Authorize New Web Service) requesting you to grant our web service access to Quickbooks. After verifying that the correct company file is open, click OK to grant access.
- Next you will see a popup (Quickbooks - Application Certificate) requesting access to the open company file. Select one of the 3 'Yes' answers from the list depending on how you want to set the access. There is no need to check the checkbox for access to personal data, Social Security Numbers, and credit card information.
- The email should contain the password for the user with access to the service. You will need to type this in the first time you run the service. It will give you the option to save the password for future runs.
- Download batches will first need to be prepared and locked. You should preview them before trying to download to make sure everything looks OK and no errors result.
Once the download is prepared, if the WebConnector application (i.e. Exchange Data with Web Services) is running, the WebConnector will download the batches either at the next scheduled run or when the 'Update Selected' button is pushed. The default is set to run the download every 4 hours, but this can be changed by the user. If there are no batches awaiting download, then the program will exit and wait for the next scheduled run.
In the Schedule Master Online Billing | Downloads menu, you will find a screen called Download Results, where you can check if the downloads were successful or had errors and get the details of any errors. From this screen, you can reset any of the failed downloads after correcting the problem so that the download will be retried.
QuickBooks Online Setup:
- Add a customer to QuickBooks Online called 'Schedule Master Customers.' (That is the generic customer used for all customer-related transactions since the detailed customer accounts are not stored in QuickBooks.)
- You have the option to use our online owner statements in Schedule Master. Or, you can download rent and receipts for creation of owner statements in QuickBooks Online. I would recommend using the Schedule Master online statements unless you need other QuickBooks features, such as inventory related to owner transactions. If you are using online owner statements in Schedule Master, you need to add a customer to QuickBooks Online called 'Schedule Master Owners'. (That is the generic customer used for all owner-related transactions since the detailed owner accounts are not stored in QuickBooks.)
- If you are instead creating owner statements in QuickBooks Online through the owner download, you will need to create customers in QuickBooks Online for each owner. Then enter the name of the owner/customer into Schedule Master in the aircraft screen in the QuickBooks Interface section for the field labeled 'QB Owner Name'.