Information needed for setting up Online Billing includes:
- What is the start date for entering time against the schedules?
- Will members enter their own flight time?
- Do you reimburse members for fuel, oil, or maintenance expenses? If so, which of these do you want members to be able to enter, if any? (If general members enter these, they will go to an Approvals Queue, where they can be rejected or adjusted.) If allowing fuel receipts, what is the fuel cap ($/gal) for reimbursement?
- List of payment methods (e.g. eCheck, credit card, PayPal, cash, check, on account). Let me know which payment methods are allowed for general users and which are allowed for management.
- Will you be using owner statements?
- Will you be invoicing dues through our system? If so, do you want flexible rates (i.e. a free-form amount) per user, or do you want to set up specific dues items (with specific rate options) that are assigned to users? Do you want the invoicing of dues to be from a screen or an automated job? Do you want dues to go on account or directly to a credit card or eCheck account?
- Do you have multiple price levels for aircraft rental (e.g. member rate, non-member rate)? If so, what are the names of the price levels? How do you handle owner flights?
- Do you charge sales tax? If so, what is the rate? And, what are the guidelines for when to charge tax?
- Will you be scheduling and billing instruction through our system?
- Will you be downloading summary accounting information to QuickBooks? If so, do you use QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks for the desktop?
This gives us the information needed for an automated setup. We can tweak various other parts of the system later.