There are various methods for managing customer balances. Some organizations have a pay-as-you-go policy. Others allow charges to be put on account with a credit limit. There are many configuration options for managing charges and balances based on how your club does business.
Note: To turn on the following options, email support.
To manage customer balances, any combination of the following options can be configured. These options can be configured to trigger based on the user's credit limit (as defined in the user profile on the Billing tab) or for any balance over $0. Note: You can also set a negative credit limit if you want to require a minimum credit balance.
- Banner on schedule page with customizable message for customer to pay (image below)
- Pop-up reminder for user to pay balance (see image of pop-up reminder below)
- Suspension from scheduling. This would only prevent future schedules from being made. It does nothing to existing schedules. This option is only recommended if using electronic payment methods, which allow a user to make their own payment directly into the system.
- Redirect to statement with message to make payment. This redirect happens during login.
- Email balance on specific day of the month. User can sign in for details.
Organizations can also require customers to have a credit card on file. To enforce this, the system can be configured so that any user with no valid credit card (or an expiring credit card) will trigger the following:
- Pop-up reminder for user to enter valid credit card.
- Redirect to credit card entry screen. This redirect happens during login.
- Suspension from scheduling. This would only prevent future schedules from being made. It does nothing to existing schedules.
Example of pop-up balance reminder